FIXED 665.13893K800 Kenmore Dishwasher No Power

dustinplong

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13893K800
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Dishwasher stopped midway in cycle. No lights on control board. Checked power to junction box and it has 120. I know it could be a thermal fuse but do not know where it is.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you'd need to ohm the thermal fuse for continuity, breaker off first to the dishwasher.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model you can order here:
Manufacturer's Number: W10258275

You have to replace the wires that come in the kit to permanently fix this fuse from going out constantly.

Here's the video, it shows the square THERMAL FUSE, you do the same for the round one as far installing the new wire kit that comes with it:

[video=youtube_share;jdlVbTXm8SY]https://youtu.be/jdlVbTXm8SY[/video]

Here's the video to ohm test it with a multimeter:

[video=youtube_share;L-tAMHQbivc]https://youtu.be/L-tAMHQbivc[/video]

Jake

dustinplong

Premium Member
Bingo! I Ohmed the thermal fuse, it was bad. Replaced it with the two wires included and we are off to the races. My days of hand cleaning dishes are over. Thanks for all your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Jake

MIKEINMN

Premium Member
Our dishwasher sounds like we may have the same problem. There seems to be no power at the control panel. We had this happen once before about a year ago. With some investigating I found that the wires from the power cord had fried inside the junction box. Cleaned & stripped them up and reconnected. Well it seems as if this has happened again as the wire nut seems to be distorted. I had replaced both the last time. I tried to strip back the wires and reconnect with new wire nuts and reassemble. There is still no power. Is the thermal fuse most likely the issue this time? model#665.15654000

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Mike, thats likely the issue with yours as well, but your model requires a different thermal fuse than the one above.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model you can order here(You must use the new wiring that comes with it):
Thermal Fuse 675813

Watch this video to test it(Turn your breaker off to the dishwasher first before ohm testing it): Thermal Fuse Testing Video

The thermal fuse clips onto the control board. The new thermal fuse comes with complete instructions to change it and the wiring that comes with it in the kit.

Now on your model to access it, its a little different as well, You should have like about 6 screws from the inside door liner that you remove to take the inner door liner off to get access to the inside control panel, you have to hold the door frame down, so it doesn't pop-up on you while your changing it.

You can probably get something like a 2x4 to set on the door frame to keep it down while you change it.

The thermal fuse clips onto the control board. The new thermal fuse comes with complete instructions to change it and the wiring that comes with it in the kit.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

MIKEINMN

Premium Member
Ordered part on Monday. Arrived today. I paid the extra for fedex ground service over Postal service. Got home from work and installed tonight. Works again. Big thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Jake

PapaBear93

Premium Member
My dishwasher recently quit mid cycle as well. I tested the thermal fuse and it does not have continuity. I also happened to notice that one of the wires leading from the fuse to the molex connector at the circuit board is black and charred. Upon further investigation not only was it charred but the molex connector actually melted at the slot where the fuse wire is connected. Obviously I will need to replace that connector but am I looking at a bigger issue than just replacing the fuse? What else should I consider troubleshooting?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

No model# posted.
Most/many of the fuse kits comes with new wires also as a loose/poor connection often allowed the fuse and wire connector to heat up and quit.

jeff.

PapaBear93

Premium Member
Kenmore Quite Gaurd 2
Model # 665.16002400

The cuircit board actually has a Whirlpool Label on it. It is a four prong connector.
I was just concerned that if I replace the fuse there may be another electrical issue such as the thermostat or heating element that may cause the fuse to blow or the wire to heat up again.
I tried the repair clinic. com site but did not find a connector simaliar to mine. Any other input you have would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
Dave

jeff1

Staff member

Codymontagnon

Premium Member
Also no power. Kenmore 587.15369102C
Have looked at previous replies to find the thermal fuse in the control board but I believe it is located elsewhere in my dishwasher. I have found a dime sized thermal fuse or thermostat in the bottom of the washer through the he access point but am not sure if this is the part I need. I have ohm'ed the part and shows that it is blown. Can you direct me to the right part and also should I also fix the heating element as something would have caused this fuse to blow in the first place. Thanks for your time!

jeff1

Staff member
Hi,

Have looked at previous replies to find the thermal fuse in the control board but I believe it is located elsewhere in my dishwasher.
Your d/w does not have one.

I have found a dime sized thermal fuse or thermostat in the bottom of the washer
Thermostat and it is for the heating element.

House fuse, main power wire where it enters the d/w, door switch, board.....would have to be investigated.

If needed:

Main-Control-Board-154783201-01094480.jpg Main Control Board

jeff.

Codymontagnon

Premium Member
Thank you very much for your response Jeff! I have found power at the main electrical box of the dishwasher. I will investigate the door switch. If the door switch works, should I assume I would have to replace the whole main control board? Thanks again!

jeff1

Staff member
That would be a good bet....we usually eliminate/check the easy stuff first until the board is the item left.

jeff.

03akkord5spd

Premium Member
Greetings,
I found this thread while searching online. I have a Kenmore 665.16339400 that is not responsive at all. No lights on at all, as well. Assuming I'm getting power to the unit, which I'll verify, should I start with a thermal fuse? Thanks!

jeff1

Staff member
Hi,

For sure check for proper power entering the d/w.
Next would be the thermal fuse.
Yours uses this one...

whirlpool-thermal-fuse-675813-ap3115186_01_th.jpg Thermal fuse kit

jeff.

03akkord5spd

Premium Member
Ok, so I have confirmed that I am getting power from the main power line from the wall. I tested the thermal fuse and it has continuity. What should I test next? Thanks again.

03akkord5spd

Premium Member
Okay, update:

So I reinstalled the old thermal fuse after testing it, put everything back together, reconnected the power lines and pushed the dishwasher back into place. All of a sudden, the lights were on! So I ran it through a light wash cycle and it seems like it died when transitioning to the drying phase. It probably ran for a good 15 mins. There is still standing water in the bottom of it and the lights/buttons are dead again. Any thoughts? Thanks!