• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.13933K010 Loud Noise during wash cycle

ozwaldthedog

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13933K010
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I need a little help in locating where the noise is coming from before I tear the unit out of the cabinet. This noise sounds like water or draining but almost like there's air in the line but very LOUD. I don't know if that makes sense. I have taken the assemble apart from inside the unit but have yet to remove the dishwasher. Long story short after our new floors were installed last year our space for the dishwasher has gotten a little tighter and unsure if I can get it out if it will go back in.

Is there anything else I can check on the unit before pulling it?

Thank you

Jon

Lewis R

Premium Member
Hi Jon, sounds like main wash pump is starving for water, so not enough water has entered the machine when it called for fill. Look to make sure water stop valve under the sink is fully on, if so try adding about a gallon of water to the tub once you hear this noise and see if that stops it. If it does, low water fill is occurring for some reason, most likely the water valve is not releasing the proper amount of water during the time allotted.

Lewis

ozwaldthedog

Premium Member
Thanks for your response, I actually found the problem. Pulled the unit and opened the pump assembly and found this little beaut, Removed the plastic and running like a champ.

1.jpg

Jon

Lewis R

Premium Member
Great, drain pump noise. Nice that its made by Whirlpool so you can get to the pump from the front. Also nice that it comes apart easily to service.