Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13963K013
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I noticed that my dish washer started leaking so I pulled it out, lifted it up a few inches, and took some video / photos from underneath while running to determine the cause of the leak. I think it's the diverter motor that is leaking. As I can see water accumulating on the screw holes, but not coming from above the diverter motor or running along down the side of the diverter motor.

I can clearly see the part number on the motor and it looks straight-forward to replace it and that's what I plan to do. However, from this video:

Starting at 1:20, there are instructions to remove the diverter disc. I do not see a locking tab on my dish washer and I am not sure if I can remove the pump outlet. They reason they say that is important is because I might need to replace the gromet seal under the diverter disc shown in the video at 2:58. I'm wondering if my diverter motor is actually ok, but water is leaking into it through a broken gromet seal. Is this something I need to be worried about for my dish washer or should I just replace the diverter motor only?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Good video that's where its leaking from the diverter seal.

You'll need to order and replace the sump assembly, the seal isn't sold separately. Its possible water into the diverter motor, and that would need to be replaced too.

Here's the sump assembly for your model you can order:
W10168822 Sump Housing

There is a video in the sump assembly part link that shows you how to replace it.

Here's the diverter motor for your model:
W10155344 Diverter Motor

There is a video in the diverter motor part link that shows you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Crow

Premium Member
I ended up buying a gasket.

It is an exact replacement of the original. I just pulled out the dishwasher, removed only the diverter motor, used a flathead screwdriver to pry out the old gasket, pushed in the new gasket, reattached diverter motor, and pushed the dishwasher back under the counter. Literally a 5-10 minute job and the only tool needed is a screwdriver. Since my dishwasher runs about once per day, I'll probably preemptively replace this gasket in another 6 years if my dishwasher is still running well since the fix is so simple. I ran 5-6 loads after replacing the gasket and could not find a drop of water on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.