• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.14743N512 Kenmore Dishwasher no water

anoble1

Premium Member
Model Number
665.14743N512
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a 665.14743N512 kenmore elite dishwasher that is 3-4 years old. Noticed today there was no water spraying. Tried a few different cycles and didn’t work still. I took the bottom off and I thought I could hear water at the beginning of the cycle but doesn’t look like anything happened inside. Took valve out on bottom. Anything else it could be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So is it not filling with water? Or do you hear it filling with water then nothing else happens? Like, you don't hear the wash motor start running after it fills?

Jake

anoble1

Premium Member
Maybe I need to test something else? Not sure how to test the wash motor. What is supposed to fill?
There is no water inside but I can hear a little water sound when I removed the front cover at the bottom not sure where it was coming from

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you first start the dishwasher, water is suppose to fill the bottom of the tub, then after that the wash motor starts and you should hear water splashing inside the tub.

Listen to your dishwasher--->After it fills open the door and see how much water is in the bottom of the tub.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, got it!

Turn off the water supply to the dishwasher and disconnect the waterline from the water inlet valve and clean the screen.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10327249 Water Inlet Valve

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, check your water pressure from your water supply line to the water inlet valve and make sure you have good pressure.

If so, then the new water inlet valve should fix this problem.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I need you to make me a video of this happening.

When you first start a new cycle--->the water fills the bottom of the tub? If so, what happens next? Do you hear the wash motor start running? Or dead silent.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good Video! The tub float is located on the right front side of your tub, remove the lower dishrack like you did in the video, If you move your tub float up and down do you hear it click? If no clicking, then ohm test that float switch for continuity. ALSO make sure nothing is stuck underneath your float.

Here's the tub float for your model:
Float WPW10195036

When you click the link to the float you will see a video of how to remove it.:)

Looks like they changed how to remove it, now you have to go from underneath and move the float stem out of the channel its in, then it will pull out.

It used to just pull out from the top without doing anything underneath it.:)

Here's the float switch for your model, when you click the link to it you will see 2 videos, 1 on how to access it, 1 on how to ohm test it:

If your float and your float switch are both good, You will need to check for 120 volts at the electrical connector that attaches to the water inlet valve. If your meter DOESN'T read 120 volts when it should be filling, then your control board is the culprit.

Here's the control board for your model: W10875437

Jake

anoble1

Premium Member
I checked wire that goes to the water inlet valve and when I turned on the cycle it read 120 volts.
I checked the float switch and it read zero on the ohm meter and could hear clicks.
Also checked the door switch and it was good also with zero ohms

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If your getting 120 volts to the water inlet valve, then water has to come out of it since you just replaced it.

Did you turn the water supply back on to the water inlet valve?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, If you get 120 volts to the water inlet valve and no water is coming out and the water supply is on, that means your water inlet valve is defective.

Where did you buy it from?

Jake