• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.14743N512 Kenmore Elite intermittent failures

pudapp

Premium Member
Model Number
665.14743N512
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My dishwasher doesn't always drain, and the green end of wash light doesn't always come on. These problem aren't chronic but I'm worried that they're indications that a more serious failure is imminent. Is there a self diagnostic I can run, or does this clearly indicate a circuit board issue?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your tech. data sheet should be located behind the bottom access panel near your floor.

This should be the instructions to get into the diagnostics mode:

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed. Let it run all the way through, takes about 25 minutes.

The CLEAN LED will flash the ERROR CODE in two parts. The CLEAN LED will first flash the function code. Then pause for two seconds, and then flash the problem code. It will repeat this three times unless advanced using the start key.

If there are no errors the LED will stay solid for five seconds.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, you too.:)

Yes, let us know how it goes.

Jake

pudapp

Premium Member
OK, I ran the diagnostic program, but I'm confused about the sequences and the codes. The system runs, and then stops and the green "complete" LED appears to flash codes, but it does this several times. Is this just part of the diagnostic or are these the error codes I'm supposed to be recording? Do I record ALL of these flashes, or am I waiting for the system to complete the diagnosis and record an error code at the end of the diagnostic cycle?

I guess another of putting it is, does the diagnostic produce test results for several cycles in some kind of sequence, or does it just produce a single result at the end? Now it appears to be in the drying cycle, so am I waiting for more codes, or am I done?

Thanks for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Your tech. data sheet should be located behind the bottom access panel near your floor. Did you find it?

I don't know any other way to explain it to you except for this below:

The CLEAN LED will flash the ERROR CODE in two parts. The CLEAN LED will first flash the function code. Then pause for two seconds, and then flash the problem code. It will repeat this three times unless advanced using the start key. If there are no errors the LED will stay solid for five seconds.

Then look at the chart in your tech data sheet that shows ALL the FUNCTION and PROBLEM codes and see which one yours follows, as a example 6-1 (6 flashes is the FUNCTION CODE, 1 flash is the PROBLEM CODE).

Jake

pudapp

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,

Yes I did find it, but the sheet I have doesn't actually say that anywhere.. I wish it did. My version simply says that if there is no error the clean light will stay on for 5 seconds. Apparently I reset the system when I ran the diagnostic, that might solve the problem, we'll see.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, I don't have the exact tech. data sheet for this model, but your model is made by Whirlpool and I was using a similar tech. data sheet that should have been close to yours.

Can you scan yours in PDF then upload it here?

Jake

pudapp

Premium Member
The tech sheet I have is the exact same one that you're providing, but I don't see the explanation you provided in this sheet anywhere... am I just missing it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Page 6

Jake

pudapp

Premium Member
Sheesh, I'm sorry Jake, you answered my question in your very first post and I missed it somehow. I'll read answers more carefully in the future. What can I say.... I'm a dope.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No worries, it took me a few times as well too to fully understand it, when I first started doing it on these newer style dishwashers, the older dishwasher style diagnostics was a cakewalk.:)

Jake