665.14753N511 Kenmore Elite Ultraclean, sometimes stops mid cycle

Jared McEntire

Premium Member
Model Number
665.14753N511
Brand
Sears Kenmore
This dishwasher is babied, it is 2 years just out of warranty. We are retired, with no kids left at home. Just my wife and I, so since it was new, it only gets used, once or twice a week. We have always rinsed our dishes until basically they are clean. It started doing this about a month ago. There are no lights anywhere, it just stops mid cycle and is getting worse. I thought if I got a fairly nice diswasher, it would last a long time. Now I am wondering if I made the right decision. Has anyone else had this issue before? :wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jared,

What do you mean by "there are no lights anywhere"? Are you referring to when it shuts off mid cycle? All the lights turn off?

When it stops mid cycle is the tub still full of water on the bottom? If so, can you press Cancel/Drain and it will drain then shut off?

If you then start a new cycle it will fill then do nothing? Or do you hear water splashing inside the tub?

Jake

Jared McEntire

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, all lights are on the top of the door and all go off mid cycle.

So far there isn't any water in the bottom, so when we push Cancel/Drain, it does nothing.

The odd thing about it is, if we start a new cycle the 2nd time, it runs normal and it goes through the entire cycle and finishes everything.

But 3 to 4 days later when we start it, it again stops mid cycle and since all lights are off, we usually don't know where it is in a cycle.

Jared

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jared,

Since its intermittent like that its going to be very difficult to pinpoint the problem, if it were to NOT start and run normal the 2nd time then it would be much easier to find the problem.

Right now we'd be only guessing the problem, which could be either the control panel or control board.

Jake

Jared McEntire

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for your reply, we will just continue to monitor it and see if it changes any more and we will let you know.

Jared

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jared, sounds good.:)

Jake