• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.14819N610 Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Wires To Control Board Melted Off

Snap

Premium Member
Model Number
665.14819N610
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My dishwasher, purchased in 2016, ran fine for about three years until one night we smelled burning wires and the washer stopped. Luckily it didn't cause a fire.
I pulled the door apart to find the two heavier wires to the control board in the door were burned clean through disconnecting them from the board and there was also melted wire insulation in a couple spots farther down some of the wires from the board as well as a singed look to one end of the board.
I had been watching to find a replacement board and wire harness throughout the pandemic without success until I just recently read about a class action settlement against Whirlpool (and some related lines) for that issue. After reading that I have reservations about repairing it because it will possibly be the same parts that caused the hazard.
My dishwasher was purchased a few years after the model years flagged in the settlement which is concerning.

My question is whether anyone might have any information on whether that issue continues or if perhaps design revisions have been made.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I would think that after having a class action suit filed against them for a dishwasher problem, they wouldn't just ignore the problem. But who knows?? Technology has come a long way in the last 6 years. That board has probably been updated at least a half dozen times since you bought it new. They no longer use that style board in the new machines.

Snap

Premium Member
Thanks for the information on the board.
It would be nice to know if it was the board or undersized wires for the load.

Snap

Premium Member
Are there updated boards for our model that you know of?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Snap

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
How can you tell it's been updated?

That would leave the wiring harness that they don't have.