• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.15112K213 Not Heating/Drying

vartz04

Premium Member
Model Number
665.15112K213
Brand
Sears Kenmore
This diswhasher worked great up until about 2 weeks ago. Now it doesn't dry and doesn't clean very well at all.

I replaced the high limit thermostat (Cause it was $8 and if i was taking the dishwasher out to test it I figured i might as well just replace it)
I then put the dishwasher back in and ran it, no change
Then i pulled the dishwasher back out and tested the element, that read open so i ordered a new one. Replaced it yesterday and ran the dishwasher again, No Change.

anything else I am missing?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Anytime you replace a part on these dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that now, and report back.:)

Jake

vartz04

Premium Member
That appeared to work. Element definitely is hot now. I guess we will see when I load it up with dishes tomorrow

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, yes that always seems to work after replacing the heating element, many members have said the same thing, after I mentioned to them to that SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE run through.:)

Jake