665.15112K215 Kenmore hot smell

JasonVan11

Premium Member
Model Number
665.15112K215
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, yesterday while running our dishwasher we noticed it smelled hot. I couldn't find anything but it would not drain. The front panel still lights up now but it will not start. It acts like it wants to start but it just doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Jason

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jason,

Now if its not draining and humming that usually indicates something is stuck/jammed inside the drain pump OR your drain pump is bad if nothing is stuck/jammed in it, you'll need to remove the drain pump, and check for a clog.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

Watch this video below to access and remove the drain pump to check for a clog. Have some big old towels ready as water will come out.

[video=youtube_share;epyFoymiPiI]https://youtu.be/epyFoymiPiI[/video]

If no clog is found, then check your voltage at the drain pump, it should be 120 volts at the drain pump when its in the drain cycle.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do all the buttons on the control panel respond and light up when you press them Jason?

Does it even fill with water? Then does nothing? Do the lights stay on when it does nothing? Any flashing lights on the control panel?

If you press cancel, does it drain?

Did you check your drain pump yet like I mentioned above?

Jake

JasonVan11

Premium Member
All the lights light up, then it does nothing. I have not had a chance check the drain pump yet but I did drain the water out with a pump and clean the screen. It does not drain if I hit cancel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jason, then it sounds like a bad control board.

If the start/resume light was blinking then it would be a door switch problem.

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board W10804111

Jake

JasonVan11

Premium Member
Jake, I don't know what to think now. Last night I started it up and it ran through a full cycle but still didn't drain. Obviously the drain motor is bad or there is something clogging the line. I hope to get the motor removed tonight and check.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Obviously the drain motor is bad or there is something clogging the line. I hope to get the motor removed tonight and check.
Yes Jason, I'd check that first per my post #2 above.:)

Jake