• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.15824 Kenmore Dishwasher - Pre-wash runs for only one second

danhal

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
On our Kenmore 665.15824 dishwasher (from 2001), the machine fills for the pre-wash in minutes 78-76, then the circulating pump and the Sensing light come on for just a second. The machine then drains, and refills for the rest of the cycle, which runs normally. The dishes get clean. What's wrong that's causing the pre-wash to finish immediately? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like either your pressure switch or your upper pump seal. I would take your lower spray arm off and check your upper pump seal first to make sure its not broken or deteriorated.

Here's the pump outlet seal for your model(Video included in part link):
WP302711 Pump Outlet Seal

Here's the pressure switch for your model:
Pressure Switch 3380871

Jake

danhal

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake. I was able to get a used pressure switch for not much money. I replaced the switch, but the problem persisted. If I disconnected one wire from the switch, the problem went away. I then disassembled the spray arm assembly and the screwed down cover and clean out a lot of gunk and junk from inside that assembly, including the cloth screen filter. After reassembly, the problem has gone away. I left the replacement pressure switch in, but I think it was unneeded.

My original description was slightly wrong: the dishwasher filled and immediately drained twice, and then ran normally.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that pressure switch is No Longer Available from the factory.

Glad to hear you got it working again. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake