FIXED 665.15974992 Kenmore Dishwasher leaking at lower door

mslechem

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a model 665.15974992 Kenmore Elite dishwasher that is leaking water at the lower door only during the rinse cycle. It begins to spurt out in intervals of every 2 seconds and then gushes abit more as the rinse cycle continues.
Any advice

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Look at this parts diagram:
P9100269-00007.jpg

#6 is the connector tube. If this is broken and not fitting in that back nipple assembly #10 then its likely the water coming out of that nipple is just shooting onto your front door at full force, causing water to come out at the bottom.

Kenmore Dishwasher Model 665.15974992 Parts

Jake

mslechem

Premium Member
It appears #6 is fitting properly and has no damage. Could the tub be overfilling causing water to spash out as it is agitated. If so, can the fill level be adjusted.
Thanks

jmshaffer

Appliance Tech
Six torx screws securing the fine mesh filter just below the lower spray arm. Make sure they're all tight. Bit size is T 20 also, check for damage to the mesh screen. What happens when those screws are loose is water pressure seeps under and creates a tidal wave sort of effect by spraying water forward instead of thru spray arm...long shot, but I've seen it 50 times.

mslechem

Premium Member
You are the man!!! Two of the six screws were slightly loose and after tightening them it works great - no leaks!!
Thanks a ton!!

sanantonio

You're still helping people!

Thanks! I had the same problem and stuck the model number in google. BAM! I found this post. You were right on! All the torque screws were a little loose and the 2 in the front tightened 720 degrees.

a2hockeydad

I'm not worthy.....

Six torx screws securing the fine mesh filter just below the lower spray arm. Make sure they're all tight. Bit size is T 20 also, check for damage to the mesh screen. What happens when those screws are loose is water pressure seeps under and creates a tidal wave sort of effect by spraying water forward instead of thru spray arm...long shot, but I've seen it 50 times.
I am new here, I bow down to you on leaky door issue. I tightened the screws like you suggested and bamm.. fixed.

I had just replaced the lower door seal with no success, and decided to google the entire model number to find this thread. Save me another $60 for the main door seal, and more hours of fustration. Thanks again. Google rules...

tomp

Tighten THREE LOOSE Pump Screws

Yes, today was turkey day at Mom's.....Yes the dishwasher was leaking all over the floor again (it has been doing this for a few months!!!). After much disassembling and reassembling of the spray arm, taping holes closed on the spray arm to lessen and redirect the spray, etc. etc. I found the answer here, but on another post, not this one. Well, a BIG THANK YOU is in order. Please make this screw tightening info a special separate header or something so that everyone can fix this problem as simply as I did. Can you imagine? Al that water and time and aggravation for THREE LOOSE SCREWS?????

Thanks again !!!! Tom.

Whirlpool

Frances

Premium Member
Yes tightening screws solved the leaking at lower door.

I am new here, I bow down to you on leaky door issue. I tightened the screws like you suggested and bamm.. fixed.

I had just replaced the lower door seal with no success, and decided to google the entire model number to find this thread. Save me another $60 for the main door seal, and more hours of fustration. Thanks again. Google rules...
We too had replaced the main door seal last year, then the lower door seal, and most recently bought heat-tolerant adhesive for the lower door seal. Leaking resumed, heavier leaking such as the tidal wave mentioned in another post here. For our Kenmore Elite 665.15979992, all eight T-15 screws are exposed as soon as the lower wash arm is disconnected and removed. We tightened the screws a few days ago and have seen no leaks. THANKS!

jayfike

Same issue here. Kenmore model: 665.16639000. See pic. Missing screw, loose screw, blown-out gasket (toward front). Removed all screws, re-seated gasket, inserted all screws leaving the missing screw hole in the back. Hopefully it'll hold. Thanks for helping me save some $$$!

665.16639000.jpg

JJavman

Thanks bud. Saved me a lot of grief. After redoing the lower door seal a few times, I checked the screws after reading your post. Not only were they loose, but on lifting the pump cover, the pump seal was blown out! The waves that were set up with the gasket spurting were what was causing the issue!

PhilMS

I had another problem where my rotating arms were clogged. Cleaning then out solved the leaking, but it returned months later with no clogging. I then discovered that the drain hose was also blocked, causing the pump pressure to rise, leading to another leaking incident. When you clean the rotating arms, consider cleaning the drain hose where it connects to the pump.