• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

665.16052402 Kenmore Dishwasher - After replacing the control panel the washer worked once. Now it does not respond at all.

patchwoork

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I think all I need is a schematic. I am a retired Bio Med and for 30 years installed, maintained and repaired Cat scanners, Nuclear Camera's and X-ray machines. I am not trying to brag at all, but I do know my way around a meter and schematics.
The symptoms...
The start, cancel and delay buttons would not activate.
Resetting the unit would light all the lights and run the machine through the reset routine properly.
Ordered a control panel that when first installed would not respond to any of the cycle or options buttons but when the start only button was pressed it would complete an entire cycle properly.
After it ran through the cycle and the green clean light was lit the washer was unloaded.
Since then it will not respond to any switch actuation's.
The fuse is good and the board looks ok. The control appears to operate properly (switches not sticking}
I have 110 to the board, 24vdc on the board and 5vdc but without schematics I am in the dark.
Thank you so much for your help.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Let's start with a good model number first.:)

665.18564546 pulls up nothing, Read it from the model number tag on the machine. Its located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Usually when buttons don't work that indicates the control panel keypad assembly is bad. But lets verify that.:)

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, look on page 1 where it says CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION.

Checking key switch contacts:
--->Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
--->Remove connector P1 from the control board.
Using the table(in your tech data sheet), measure the resistance across the switch when the key is pressed.
NOTE: The meter must be connected with the proper polarity.

Using a ANALOG readout meter:
The resistance reading should go from infinity (open circuit) down to a readable ohm level. The level may be different depending on your meter, since there is a diode in the circuit.

Using a DIGITAL readout meter:
The resistance reading should go from infinity down to a readable ohm level. The level may be different depending on your meter, since there is a diode in the circuit.
If available, you could use the “Diode Test” function of a digital meter, which will give a voltage of about 1.2 VDC during the test.
➔If any switches fail this test, replace the console panel/keypad assembly.
➔If all switches test OK, replace the machine control board.

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model:
WP8558953 Panel-Cntl

Here's the control board for your model, but Its been discontinued:
WP8564547 Control Board

Jake

Attachments