FIXED 665.16059402 Kenmore Elite blinking green clean 7 times after pulled out to replace sink?

ron3033

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi
Kenmore Elite 665.16059402

The dishwasher was pulled out to put a new sink and drain pipes under the new sink. We put a new water fill hose and a new drain hose all routed the same as before.
We ran the first load of dishes and it seemed to end early and I went to check for any leaks, there was none but the CLEAN light was blinking 7. The sump had drained. If you press cancel/drain the pump runs, but I can't get it to start when start/resume, but start resume has 3 quick red blinks .
The dishwasher was working fine before, it only got pulled out of the cabinet to get at hose replacement and sink clips put in place.

HPIM2971.jpg

Any suggestions as to what has happened and needs to set?
I know there is supposed to be some sort of sequence to press buttons to press for some sort of diagnostics, but do not know sequence.
Any helps appreciated as I can not afford a new DW right now.
Thanks

ron3033

Premium Member
Hi folks
I fixed it! I took off the kick plate and felt around under the DW after I read it may be a heater element thing. I felt blindly around (power was off) and felt what I thought was a tab where one end of the element ended... but no wire??? I felt on the floor and there was a wire with a slide on connector, so I pushed it up onto the tab. I searched until I found the "heated dry > normal wash > heated dry > normal wash" code tried it and let the Dw do its' thing for about 10 to 12 minutes. When done open the door, closed it and started a wash...…. it ended with a solid green clean light.

All because the heater wire dislodged pushing it back in place.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Ron, good find.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake