• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 665.17593202 Kenmore Elite dishwasher flashing light

frederic98050

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,
Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.17593202. Green "Clean" light flashing 7 times. A quick search revealed that to reset I had to Press Heat Dry> Normal>Heat Dry> Normal then close the door.
Well, I don't have a Heat Dry button but I tried the Hi Temp Scrub instead. No luck. Still flashing.
I included some picture of the dishwasher as well as the Manual with Model numbers.
Any suggestions?
Thank you, Frederic

IMG_5948.JPG
IMG_5949.JPG
IMG_5950.JPG

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

frederic98050

Premium Member
Quick update here....
I found that Sani Rinse>Air Dry>sani Rinse >Air Dry was the sequence to reset on this model.
So after a reset, light went off. I started the dishwasher and after about 5 min, it went into an ending cycle.. Clean green light flashing 7 times..
That's where I am at.
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Frederic,

We need the complete model number to help you. The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Here's the results I get:

Jake

frederic98050

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thank you very much for your reply.. Sorry, Here is the model number: 665.17593202

I have been shutting off power to unit for about 10 min then re-run the reset and lights goes out but when I start a cycle within a few minutes it stops and light flashing again. There is water going into unit tho.
Thanks
IMG_5956.JPG

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

The CLEAN light flashing 7 times is a heating error, so you will need to OHM test the heating element to be sure its good or not. Make sure you turn the breaker OFF to your dishwasher before ohm testing.

Here's the heating element kit for your model:
8194200 Heating element kit with electronic control

Unfortunately, the heating element kit has been discontinued for this model.

If the heating element ohm tests good, then ohm test the high-limit thermostat.

If your high-limit thermostat ohm tests good, then you possibly have a partial blockage in your sump assembly, or your sump motor impeller is stripped not allowing enough water to flow over the heating element.

Watch the video below which explains in detail about this clean light blinking 7 times problem.

Jake

frederic98050

Premium Member
Jake, Thanks so much. I will test all of this tomorrow . If you have time, would you mind to send me the Hi Temp Thermostat I would need if bad. As soon as I find out what's wrong . I'll order the parts from you guys. Do you have Next day delivery option?

Thank you.

Frederic

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Frederic,

The high-limit thermostat Part# WP661566 is about the size of a dime, held to the bottom of the tub with a metal bracket. You'll see it, it has two wires on it. Here's how to check it. Take the two wires off, then get your ohm meter and ohm it for continuity, it should read 0 ohms.

TURN THE BREAKER OFF TO THE DISHWASHER FIRST BEFORE ACCESSING AND OHM TESTING IT!

The outer door panel comes off for better access.

If the high-limit thermostat ohm tests good, then the only part left would be the control board that would be the culprit.

Unfortunately, the control board is no longer available for your model, new dishwasher time.

Jake

frederic98050

Premium Member
Thanks again Jake.. If you had to buy a dishwasher today, what would you buy?
We ve been very happy with our K Elite for 16 years and we especially liked its quietness.

frederic98050

Premium Member
Update: Thermistor checked ok, but one of the electrode of the heating element was pretty corroded and evidence of arching on the plastic nut (see pix). I cleaned it up with the dremel wire brush. I couldn't get an accurate reading of the resistance after cleaning though. Ohm Meter jumping from 11 to 292 ohms !?!.
Put everything together and started dishwasher. It ran for 20 min then it stops and the cleaning light came back on.

Left side
IMG_5970.JPG

Right side
IMG_5971.JPG
IMG_5969.JPG
IMG_5968.JPG

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see that. You would need a new heating element. Since you can't get one anymore, then I'd go get a Maytag Dishwasher, that's what I own is Maytag, great dishwasher.

Your Kenmore 665 model is made by Whirlpool and Whirlpool owns Maytag.

You can also get another Kenmore 665 model if you live near a Sears or Sears Hometown, they have Maytag there too, and Whirlpool too.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Frederic.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake