665.95014101 Kenmore Range - Electric oven control

Peter1469

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The electric oven control goes out during oven use. It comes back on within 5 minutes and the display has a PF on it. I reset the clock and can use the oven again. The stove top never loses power. I know that refers to power failure but am wondering if there is an easy fix. I have seen many answers about when the electric oven control goes out for good, but so far mine seems to "fix" itself. There is no evidence of a power failure / fluctuation anywhere else in the house.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number 665.95012______
That model number is incomplete. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number tag on the appliance?

Can you post the complete information?

Peter1469 said:
I know that refers to power failure but am wondering if there is an easy fix.
It is likely going to require at least some intervention. The only possibilities I can think of is maybe a loose wiring connection to the control or a defect in the control itself.

Someone will need to open it up and make certain all power connections are tight. If the symptom continued, replacing the control might be necessary.

Dan O.

Peter1469

Premium Member
Sorry, I pulled the number off the users manual. Here is what the plate on the lower drawer states-

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Good.

I looked up its wiring diagram and don't see any components between the power supply and the control board that could cause the board to report a power failure. If a loose wiring connection isn't the cause, the electronic control may be internally defective and need to be replaced.

The bad news is the replacement control is expensive but this vendor offers a $60 rebate for return of the defective old part.

LINK > 665.95014101 Electronic Control

Dan O.

Peter1469

Premium Member
Many thanks. I was hoping it was something easy / cheap. For the price of a new one I am not going to put much effort into this one. Interestingly it shut down again last night when I was making dinner. Only off for 6 minutes and it came back on and worked fine.