FIXED 665.95804000 Kenmore oven error code E2 F3

rebecca

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My kenmore stove oven model # 665.95804000 is showing error message E2 and F3 and the broiler will not shut off unless we turn the circuit breker off or disconnect it so we can use the stove top. our book indicated it was the oven sensor replaced it and that did not fix the problem. could it be the control panel?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

nalts

Premium Member
Jake-

Just to clarify. I have the same problem, but I believe the temp sensor is bad as I get a reading of 0 ohms.

When I check the heating elements, if they are good I should get a reading of 30 ohms or so and if they are bad I get a reading of zero. Both the broiler and bake elements get a reading of approximately 30 ohms.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, 30 ohms means the elements are good.:)

You should get between 1050-1100 ohms at room temp. on your oven sensor, so yes your sensor is bad.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Temperature Sensor WP8273340

Jake

Stevo

Premium Member
Hello,

I have the same problem. Kenmore model #665.95802000. The broiler element keeps heating up until I get E2 F3. I tested the temp sensor and got 1099 ohms, so that looks good. I removed the broiler element and got 16.2 ohms. If I understand correctly this should be 30 ohms? Is this the problem? Visually, I don't see anywhere where it could be grounding. Is there a way I can check this with my multimeter?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so when you get the E2 F3, does the element stop heating as well? or does it continue to heat until you turn your breaker off?

The ohm reading on element will range between 11-30 ohms depending on the manufacturer. So yours sounds fine.

Make sure your breaker is off first then to test for grounding:
Remove the wires that connect to the element terminals, make sure your meter is on the ohm setting, then place one meter probe on one of the element terminals, then the other meter probe on the metal chassis of your range, there should be no continuity.

If it isn't grounding, then the only other part that controls the element is your control board, so that would be the bad part.

Here's the control board for your model you can order here:
Oven Control Board 8523665 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Stevo

Premium Member
It keeps heating up until I flip the breaker. I checked for grounding like you recommended, and I am getting no reading, so I believe that solves my problem. New control board should do the trick then.

Thanks so much for the help, this saved me a lot of money on the oven sensor I was going to buy, and turns out I don't even need that.

This site rocks:3:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it would be the control board thats bad.

Thanks Stevo, glad to help.:)

Jake

Stevo

Premium Member
You were right, I replaced the control board and it has been working great for two weeks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Stevo, good job replacing the control board and fixing it.:)

Jake