66513269K114 Kenmore dishwasher not cleaning and stalls

Larrypac

Model
665.13269K114
Brand
Sears Kenmore
We have a Kenmore model 665.13269K114 dishwasher that is about 5 years old. Lately it has been taking a long time and not getting dishes clean. Normal wash sometimes does not complete by morning, about 8-9 hours. Seems like it is just stalling and doing nothing. Sometimes the pod does not dissolve.

I cleaned to bottom filter, took the hose off and cleaned the inlet screen, checked the spray arms and have done multiple resets of the control board and sometimes it works correctly for a few days, sometimes not.

I also took out the control board to look for any fried electronics but it looked fine to my untrained eye.

I ran diagnostic mode (blinking lights) and got a 64 code but the code list was not in the pocket behind the kick panel. I can get a DW that is highly recommended by Consumer Reports for $400, so I am reluctant to spend much more that $100 to fix this one.

I can get a used control board for about $75 but if that is not the problem, I Will have wasted time and money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Larry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Larry,

Yes, It's most likely a bad wash motor, this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. In fact I had 2 this past Sept. 2018 in Parker, Arizona that did the exact same thing, and the new wash motor fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it: Dishwasher Circulation Pump Replacement Video

Let us know what you find.

Jake