Thread: Samsung DV331AEW/XAC Won't Run

Default Samsung DV331AEW/XAC Won't Run

Model Number: DV331AEW
    Brand: Samsung

I have a Samsung Dryer Model # DV331AEW/XAC. It was in our house when we moved in so I am unsure exactly the age.

It has power and just will not run when you press start. It appears the dryer thinks it is running as the display acts normally with no errors and the timer counts down if you let it "run" for over a minute.

I have tested door switch, belt switch, temperature sensors. Everything seems to test out fine. I believe it must be the main control board or the motor. I tested across the start windings on the motor and got an ohm reading, just can't remember off the top of my head the exact reading. If the motor was seized, I feel it would trip the breaker when I try to run it. I can turn the drum manually.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments.

Hi Ted,

I don't have the tech. data sheet or parts diagram for this model, most likely because its a Samsung Canada Model, which we can't look up anything on it here in the USA.

I'd first look at the control board and see if you notice any burnt spots/burnt components on it, if so then that's the problem.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks Jake. I've bit the bullet and have a tech coming tomorrow to diagnose it for me. I am still thinking it's the control board but the part is discontinued. If it is the issue, I guess I'm shopping for a new dryer. I hate to sink the cost into the guy coming out when I may be buying a new one, but I would hate to miss if it's another easy/cheap fix on a part I can actually still get.

Ok Ted, sounds good, hope he/she doesn't charge too much for a service call.

Let us know what they find.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

If anyone has similar issues, the problem for my dryer was a high limit on the back of the blower assembly. I missed it when I did my testing as I found 3 switches/thermostats/high limits on the heater side and tested the door switch and belt switch. I tested everything I thought to test so never did take the actual drum out. Since I left the drum in I didn't see the high limit which ended up being the problem.
    The tech had it diagnosed, changed, and out of my house in about 25 minutes. Better than buying a new dryer, but wish I would have taken one more thing apart on the dryer and I would have only had to pay for the part.

Thanks Ted for the update!

Here's the USA version of your model that shows where its located: Samsung Dryer Thermal Fuse Video

Glad to hear that's all it was.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts