Thread: U2005XA14 Door gasket seal on Revco explosion-proof freezer

Default U2005XA14 Door gasket seal on Revco explosion-proof freezer

Model Number: U2005XA14
    Brand: other

Door gasket is loose in the upper left hand corner, opposite side as the hinges.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00357.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	38950

This is an explosion-proof Revco freezer; Revco got bought out by Thermo, and they're not terribly helpful about parts, unlike when it was Revco.

From what I can Google up, hinge adjustment seems key. The top hinge isn't terribly useful; there are three Philips head screws, and there's very little wiggle room when they're loosened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00358.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	38951

There's enough of a gap that I can slide a piece of paper between the gasket and the door seal. I figure that's one reason why I'm getting ice buildup on the inside.

I figure a new gasket would fix that, but it would approach the replacement cost of the freezer- if I could get a part number, which so far has not been possible.

Any recommended fixes?

Arrow Cabinet, hinge, gasket?

Quote Originally Posted by osp001
    Door gasket is loose in the upper left hand corner, opposite side as the hinges
    Is the cabinet cracked in the picture?? Maybe the cabinet is twisted, altering the alignment of the door?

Make sure the hinge bearings in the door are not worn and getting sloppy.

From what I can Google up, hinge adjustment seems key. The top hinge isn't terribly useful; there are three Philips head screws, and there's very little wiggle room when they're loosened.
    We've had cases where we're removed the hinge and filed the screw holes oblong so adjustment is possible. We've had to perform that modification under warranty on direction from the manufacturer on occasion even.

Alternately, adjusting the lower hinge can be used to change the alignment of the door as well.

I figure a new gasket would fix that, but it would approach the replacement cost of the freezer- if I could get a part number, which so far has not been possible.
    There are companies that can make a custom door gasket if you need a replacement if an OEM one isn't readily available. Here's one such company that also handle commercial refrigerator seals.

http://www.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?ID=968

Dan O.
    http://www.Appliance411.com
    Last edited by Dan O.; August 4th, 2018 at 11:45 AM.