Thread: DW80J3020US/AA Samsung dishwasher freaking out

Default DW80J3020US/AA Samsung dishwasher freaking out

Model Number: DW80J3020US
    Brand: Samsung

The original complaint from the customer was that it continuously drains and all the lights flash and opening the door would not stop it from draining. I went to the residence and confirmed the complaint that it would fill and wash for a few minutes and then drain continuously. I replaced the ECU and it still does the same thing, but different lights are flashing. Service instructions are not available with the unit. What could I be over looking?

Hi Johnny,

I haven't worked on this model as of yet, but I did locate the service manual here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w2...A0ZVjxOEBpmzU_

Here's the parts diagram for this model: Samsung Dishwasher DW80J3020US/AA /Repair Parts

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

I will do. Thanks

OK, I ran a function test and everything passed OK. There were no codes stored on the board. What happens is I run a normal cycle, it will fill and wash for about four minutes. It beeps four times, the heavy LED light flashes on the machine and it drains continuously. Power key is the only responding key where it will shut off for about three seconds, it turnes itself back on, beeps four times, heavy light and drains continuously. Opening the door does nothing. Shutting the power off to the unit, Is the only way to get it to stop. I pulled the machine out from under the counter and check for leaks or water marks. I checked the one-way valve inside the machine.

Everything I’m coming back to, is telling me it is a board. But this is a new board that I just bought it.

I don't know what else to suggest Johnny.

Hopefully another tech. that's seen this problem and fixed it for other customers will see your thread here and shed some light on what the fix is.

If this was a Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, or Amana I could help you nail down the problem in a heartbeat, because I know and work on those brands. Samsung and LG are very complicated to work on, and some of their troubleshooting in the service manual is very vague.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

�� Well thanks for your input and I’m not too familiar with Samsung brand either and you are correct, their troubleshooting process is vague. I am thoroughly convinced that Samsung cannot make a dishwasher nor a TV.

For my own knowledge, experience, and logic everything would tell me it’s a board. It’s all inputs and outputs. And I cannot imagine what various components would cause that machine to drain continuously, ignore the door safety, and stay in that mode until you turn the breaker off to the machine. It does not make sense plus given the lack of troubleshooting guidance, with my knowledge and logic nothing adds up.