Thread: LG LDF7551ST E1 error code help

Default LG LDF7551ST E1 error code help

Model Number: LDF7551ST
    Brand: LG

Greetings all. I have a LG LDF7551ST that is ~5 years old. Got an E1 code last week. Not able to shut off so cut the breaker. When restored power, the E1 persisted with the motor spinning and the chimes playing a "ding dong" pattern. After researching the numerous causes of the code, one being the tripped float switch, I left the breaker off for a few days. I was then able to power up the DW and run a successful 22 minute rinse cycle to reset. My happiness was short lived as 25 minutes into my first "quick wash", a 1:19 cycle, I got the E1 code again. This time was was able to cut the breaker and reset the power. This time, I uninstalled the DW, checked the drain for kinks, cleaned the filter (which was minimally dirty) and re-leveled the DW. Reattached the drain hose and reinstalled the DW. I ran a full 1:19 quick cycle empty and it completed successfully. The "finished chime song" was music to my ears.
    I have not yet done a full cycle with dishes as I am not a bit nervous. I may be fine I may not. Any ideas? When I ran the test cycle empty, it performed perfectly.

I appreciate in advance any help you all can give. Thanks

This should be you service manual. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks for the useful info. As a follow up, I ran a full load with detergent on a quick and dry cycle and it completed without a problem. May have responded to releveling and re adjusting the height of the drain hose.