Thread: PFE29PSDASS Flashing green light on motherboard

Default PFE29PSDASS Flashing green light on motherboard

Model Number: PFE29PSD
    Brand: GE

I have a GE PFE29PSDASS. The refrigerator is not cooling. The compressor is running with a small hum but does not kick on to cool. Occasionally there is a click sound. The fan in the freezer runs. There is a continuous steady flashing green light on the motherboard. There are no error codes on the front panel of the refrigerator. Everything works except for the cooling.

Hi,

There's two evaporator coils one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator. Make sure both evaporator fans are working.

Make sure the condenser fan motor is working, the condenser fan motor mounts next to your compressor in the back.

Here's the condenser fan motor for your model:
    WR60X10358 Fan Condenser Dc

I also located a thread, with the exact same problem and exact same model number as yours here: FIXED: GE PFE29PSDASS fridge cool, freezer warm, front freezer door hot

Read posts #8 and post #10 has the same exact blinking green light on the motherboard yours does now.

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thank you! I replaced the condenser fan and it is working now. I am still not getting a temperature change.

Let me start from the beginning. I as out of town for two months. Came home to a non working refrigerator. Compressor was not working and changed the inverter. The compressor began to hum and i could feel it turning. The condenser fan was not working. I changed the condenser fan and it is working now. The evaporator fan is working inside the freezer. I have not seen one degree difference even though the compressor, the condenser fan and the evaporator fan are working. There are no visible leaks on the bottom of the refrigerator. I cannot figure out what else could stop it from cooling. What would cause those pieces (inverter and condenser fan) to not work but when replaced they work now?

So the compressor is running and your not getting any cooling whatsoever?

If the compressor is running and there is no frost on the evaporator coils there's a sealed system problem. The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions. Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Check your owners manual warranty, some models have up to a 10 year warranty on the compressor, and 5 yrs. on the sealed system, which includes the compressor.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts