Thread: LG LDF8072ST Various Problems, Leaking, Worth to fix?

Default LG LDF8072ST Various Problems, Leaking, Worth to fix?

Model Number: LDF8072ST
    Brand: LG

I am in the middle of a dilemma right now. to fix or not to fix??

LG Dishwasher I would guess is 6 years old, we use our dishwasher, probably 8-10 cycles per week for that amount of time. Throughout that time I have been able to fix pretty much everything and now I am a little stuck on whats wrong and what I should do.

Here is what has already been replaced throughout the years:
    2 - Drain Pumps
    1 - Main motor
    1 - broken drain hose
    1 - circulator motor

Today it doesnt wash so good with barely any water going to the top rack. Starting to check things out it seem the inside screws holding the plastic pipe going to the top are stripped, seems like maybe water leaked down onto the circulator motor. In taking things apart and putting back together now it seems where the main motor connectes to the brown drain piece (sorry for bad terminology) leaks, this part was replaced before as well. Also there is randomly a very small leak coming from the front right side, maybe a couple tablespoons of water here and there on the floor.

The fix:
    Replace the whole sump for $200, would fix all the parts easily and fix the sctripped out plastic screws inside the dishwasher.
    I think the front leak is the door liner issue, I stick my fingers under the door from the inside and I can feel the rubber gasket is warped. Tried gluing down too.

this fix would be $400 in parts. Is this worth it?

Or go buy Kitchenaid Arctiect II for $900 plus 5 year warranty to quit messing with the damn dishwashers!

The wife and I both feel kinda the same that the LG looks nice and has great features and would need to spend at least $900 to get those same features, is it time to quit on the LG or what? Is there an easier fix to the inner door gasket issue?

Hi,

It be more wise in my opinion to save the repair money and get the new dishwasher since its in operation quite a bit in your home, which is daily and a couple times a day.

LG looks nice and has great features
    is it time to quit on the LG or what?
    I think most people buy LG and Samsung because they look nice, but when it comes to durability they aren't so nice.

LG and Samsung make very good smartphones and TV's, but no so much with major home appliances.

I would suggest Maytag, that's what I have and it works great with no problems at all. Have you looked at Maytag and Whirlpool before the KitchenAid dishwasher? KitchenAid is also a brand that I recommend, but you may be able to find the same features in Maytag and Whirlpool.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Honestly, Im sure its the wrong way to shop, but I look at the LG was $1000, generally I am finding Maytag and Whirlpool to be much less expensive in the $500-$700 range. My mind automatically goes to thinking that more money means better. the Kitchenaid seems to be rated fairly high and can be found on sale for $900. the LG has this "Steam" feature that we use regularly and it sppears to work pretty good. Honestly, I want a dishwasher that just cleans really well and doesn't need to be repairs 7 times in a 6 year time frame.

Honestly, I want a dishwasher that just cleans really well and doesn't need to be repairs 7 times in a 6 year time frame.
    Here you go: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kitchen...E&gclsrc=aw.ds The reviews on it are fanstatic too.

KitchenAid is much more reliable than LG by far, trust me I've been servicing appliance for 30 years.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Yup, that's the one I want. Your opinion, 5 year warranty for $160 worth it? I know for certain I spent more than $160 just in parts on the LG over the last 5 years. I do the work myself, but I hate working on dishwashers, pulling them out and putting them back, ughh!

Any opinion on GE dishwashers?

Your opinion, 5 year warranty for $160 worth it?
    Yes, definity worth it since you use the dishwasher daily and a couple times a day on some days.

Any opinion on GE dishwashers?
    Too many problems with GE, they used to be top notch back in the 70's and 80's but no longer.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts