Thread: DV218AEW/XAA Samsung Dryer

Default DV218AEW/XAA Samsung Dryer

Model Number: DV218AEW
    Brand: Samsung

I have had to replace heating elements 3 times, and roller guides twice. Every time I open the case, there is a LARGE amount of lint everywhere. Iím certain this is causing element failure and bearing failure. I bought a linteater tool to clean vent lines under floor and out. There was a lot in there. Wet lint. Got a new connector hose. Cleaned everything up. Have I finally solved this? Is there more I can do? I will open it in a month to see...

A super clean vent system is critical to proper dryer operation. The vent pipe going from the dryer to the outside of your house should be rigid (not any of the flexible garbage that is now outlawed by most codes) aluminum or galvanized steel. The vent hood should be clean and not have a cage/screen on it. Screens get clogged with lint very quickly. Most screened vent hoods I see are roof mounted where it's impossible to see if the screen is blocked and difficult to get to in order to clean it. I always remove the screen. Some older aluminum vent hoods have a flapper that does not open wide enough for dryers. They are meant more for bathroom exhaust fans than for dryers.

Restricted air flow causes the heating element to overheat and shortens its life. Restricted air flow causes the dryer to run longer which wears out parts faster. Restricted air flow causes rapid build up of lint inside the dryer.
    Vents should be as short as possible and have the least amount of turns in them as possible. The maximum length varies by manufacturer and can be found in the installation instructions that come with the dryer. Some manufacturers make "long vent" model dryers. They have a blower that runs at higher speeds so the vent length can be much longer.

Finally, make sure your washing machine spins adequately. Clothes that are no adequately spun cause the dryer to run longer.

It sounds like Iím on the right track then. Everything u suggested is what I am doing. Thanks! But seriously, there was a lot of junk wound around the roller bearings.