Thread: DW80H9930US Samsung dishwasher - Powers On and shows no Error but never starts

Default DW80H9930US Samsung dishwasher - Powers On and shows no Error but never starts

Model Number: DW80H9930US
    Brand: Samsung

So, this Dishwasher is acting up again.
    It powers on.
    The Drain Motor starts - basically the first step.
    It runs for a minute trying to drain whatever is left (i guess).
    Then no water coming in.
    The washer beeps.
    There is no Error Code.
    It just stops from there.

What Have I done so far.
    1. Switched off the breaker and left if off for a day to make sure the computer resets.
    then I switched back on, same problem.

2. Opened the machine and cleaned the plastic casing where the water cycles.
    No use, same issue.

3. There is no water in the bottom for the sensor and hence I am sure that is not the case.

4. I do have water flowing in the pipes as my sink faucet works fine.

I called a local tech and he looked at it and said that the main computer is not sending power for water loading. So he says that the main board might be at fault and suggested to change it. He also said if we change the main board, there might be a chance we need to change something in the door as well. not sure what that is.

Summary: I can power it on, click on start and close the door, the drain pump starts, then I hear beeps a few times and stops. No Error Code, nothing. No water as well coming in to start cleaning.

Any suggestions on this?

Hi,

Back in Dec. 2016 you have a thread on this dishwasher: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainfo...Error-7E/page2

In post #14 you said the tech. ordered the pcboard, did he replace it back then or not? you never really said.

You only said this:
    Both the Motors was changed for me as they were in warranty. now it works fine.
    Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

My apologies - yes, it was replaced.
    In 2016, the Samsung Tech (local company sub contractor I guess) changed, all motors as it was in warranty, pc board, and a few more I do not know what it was.

All of them changed because they were in warranty.

I just got a call from the local tech (not through Samsung) who services Samsung appliances (and more).
    He said, Samsung has a kit which has 2 boards and complete wiring harness for $250 + tax and installation of $175.

I do not think it is worth it to repair for that cost.
    Last edited by ssruindia; November 20th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Update:
    No Repairs done yet.
    I thought I would give it a try just like it.
    There were several chimes during the beginning stages , but the dishwasher completed the cycle.
    Not sure what to get from that.

Samsung has a kit which has 2 boards and complete wiring harness for $250
    Too much money, I wouldn't do it, these Samsung models have been very unreliable.

Black Friday is tomorrow, go get a Maytag dishwasher and end all this madness! LOL

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks Jake - that is exactly what I am going to do today. I have found a Kitchenaid which I will purchase today.
    In the meantime, I will take this samsung and find some parts (off market) and try to repair it myself (if available).
    Thanks for the help and advise again.

Excellent ssruindia, Good Choice in the KitchenAid Dishwasher.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I wanted to give an update on my Samsung Dishwasher.

The Dishwasher is still under warranty (limited motor parts is what it said), so I called Samsung and they scheduled a tech to come and diagnose.

The Tech came by and did all his diagnosis following them using an android app.

I wish I get that app somehow.

After 30 minutes or so, he said this.

1. The Distribution Motor is dragging and going bad - that is the cause of a Motorcycle type noise. The cost of this motor is $99.00 and to change it is $139.00
    2. The internal wane is somehow missing the sensor (gone bad) that this is the reason for the Chimes as the internal motor arm (on the bottom of the washer) is resetting. For this fix, he has to change cover nozzle, motor arm and vane. The Cost is 142.00 + 121.00 + 63.00 = $326.00 and another 100+ Labor.

Total Cost to fix is 708.23 including taxes etc.

He said that my dishwasher has what he called Version 0 and Samsung has lot of issues with that and they have moved on to Version 1. When he changes all the parts, my version will be upgraded to Version 1 which is stable.

I told him a new Dishwasher come way lower than the $708.00. These particular parts are not under the limited warranty and hence I need to pay for those.

He asked to call Samsung and explain the cost and ask them to give extension warranty free on it. I did call Samsung and they said that they will call the Service company and get more details and call me back. It has been 2 days, no call yet.

Obviously I am not fixing this for that dollar value. LOL

Note: I already bought a Kitchenaid and that one is working awesome. I am glad I bought that.

He asked to call Samsung and explain the cost and ask them to give extension warranty free on it. I did call Samsung and they said that they will call the Service company and get more details and call me back. It has been 2 days, no call yet.
    Yes, don't expect a call at all from them unless you have a lawsuit against them pending. LOL

Glad to hear your new KitchenAid is working great for you.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Samsung definitely did not call me as you said. So, I called them.
    After several back and forth, the said that out of the 4 parts needed, they only cover 2. Rest, I need to buy myself.

The four parts are:
    Motor BLDC Pump
    Assembly Vane
    Assembly Motion
    Assembly Cover Nozzle.

Now, the BLDC Pump is the one which is getting bad as I hear heavy grinding noise in it. The cost they said is 99.00.
    They are not giving part numbers, so I will have to figure that out.
    I wanted to buy and replace it myself for learning curve. I searched and found several ones with varying costs, but I do not know what the part number I need. I will open the washer and figure that out when I get time.

Rest of the parts, I do not know which one is in warranty and which one is not. In any case, it is of no use as they will not give it to be anyways. LOL

Thanks for all the updates and I will post one update more when I get my machine running myself.