Ok, so what did you do to fix it?

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Everything was pointing to it being a bad Diverter motor Except the Diverter Motor test mode results... I didn't feel confidant in replacing that part myself and didn't have any other ideas.

I looked at the LG website and because I was not within waranty they wanted to charge me $249 CAD

so I emailed the same company who installed the dishwasher 2 years ago and had them send someone today who quickly determined it was NOT the diverter motor, but black gunk in the fill sensor that connects to the input causing the dishwasher to think it was full too early and drain some of what it thought was excess water. (Something I should have noticed when it was running was that it drained far too soon but that I didn't think sounded off compared to previous )
    Leaving it to run with only half the water it needed.

His price $147 CAD.. and now that I've watched what he did and where He did it I feel much more confidant in that if the same thing were to happen again I could do it myself.
    I had mostly been worried about the removal of the dishwasher from the cabinet as the way the hoses connected it was hard to know how easy or hard it would have been to remove and re-install.
    But it turns out theres plenty of hose on both the drain and the input the only short connection that made it slightly tough was the power connection but it didn't look as dificult as I had worried to remove it.

Thank you very much though for putting me in somewhat the right direction and sure it cost me more than doing it myself but at least now I have piece of mind it was done properly and after watching him more confidence that if I ever had to clean out the same part again I could do it myself

So looking back on it when I said "It seems to fill and drain properly" I should have gone "Hmm It is draining way too early in the cycle what the heck" but a dishwasher isn't something that in day to day use I paid much attention to the sounds of its cycle (i probably should have paid more attention to those when it was working properly)

Since the repair was made I ran a load of dishes and all came out sparkling clean
    Last edited by evileyeball; December 12th, 2018 at 01:43 AM.

Excellent, glad to hear that fixed it.

Thanks for the detailed update!

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12