Thread: RF28HDEDBSR fridge is warm 50 degrees and fridge is cold 0 degrees

Default RF28HDEDBSR fridge is warm 50 degrees and fridge is cold 0 degrees

Model Number: RF28HDEDBSR
    Brand: Samsung

Hello and good day,
    The fridge is warm around 50 degrees and the freezer is cold around 0 degrees. I pulled off the back panel and the coils do not appear to be frosted. I removed the dampner (pain in the ass for this model) to see if cold air is coming in from the freezer. I feel no cold air coming through. another interesting fact is that the led temp display on the front says 34 degrees although the temp inside the fridge is between 45-50. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards and Thanks!

Default Defective temperature sensor?

an interesting fact is that the led temp display on the front says 34 degrees although the temp inside the fridge is between 45-50.
    The sensor responsible for sensing the refrigerator compartment temperature may be out of whack making the control 'think' the temperature is correct which would result in the control keeping the damper closed resulting in warmer than set temperatures.

Check the refrigerator compartment sensor. (Sorry but I do not know where it is located on that model.)

BTW. The model number you posted in incomplete. There should be more to it RF28HDEDBSR___. When you get the rest if it you can see the various sensors used on that model at the following link:

LINK > RF28HDEDBSR... Temperature Sensors

Dan O.
    Last edited by Dan O.; March 10th, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks Dan.
    From my research those samsungs with a twin cooling plus system have the tendency to ice up. I took off the twin cooling plus cover and found some ice. I posted a pic. The ice is now thawed. I assume this is a temporary fix. What would cause this and how do I fix it. there was some ice on the fan within the twin cooling plus cover that was preventing the fan from spinning. thanks again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2890.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	42295 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2891.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	42296 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2893.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	42297

model number ends in /AA

Unhappy Refrigerant issue?

samsungs with a twin cooling plus system have the tendency to ice up.
    Sorry, I hadn't considered a dual evaporator model.

I posted a pic. The ice is now dethawed. I assume this is a temporary fix. What would cause this and how do I fix it.
    Was that all the frost that accumulated? Usually frost would permeate the rest of the evaporator (the finned part). Just frosting there looks to me like a refrigerant problem. Either short of refrigerant or maybe a malfunctioning gas valve. I however haven't worked on a dual evaporator model to have any experience with them.

How is the frosting on the main evaporator in the freezer? A refrigerant leak would eventually affect it too.

model number ends in /AA
    The revision number from the tag will be considered part of the model number too. Eg. RF28HDEDBSR/AA02

Dan O.

ran a defrost cycle and things seem to be in working order now.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman;
    ran a defrost cycle and things seem to be in working order now.
    Did you look at the frost pattern of the freezer evaporator before defrosting it?

Dan O.

I couldn’t find the main evaporator inside the freezer. On the back of the fridge, I opened the panel (directly behind the freezer) and that evaporator did not have any ice at all

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman;
    I couldn’t find the main evaporator inside the freezer.
    It would be behind a cover at the rear inside the freezer. It would require some disassembly to observe it.

Well just keep an eye on its functioning. If the problem recurs, more detailed investigation should be done next time... before defrosting.

Dan O.

ok. noted. thanks for your help!