Thread: KFIS27CXMS0 Kitchenaid Ice Maker works, then stops working

Default KFIS27CXMS0 Kitchenaid Ice Maker works, then stops working

Model Number: KFIS27CXMS0
    Brand: KitchenAid

I'm a diyer with an ice maker issue. We recently bought this refrig second hand and the seller told us the ice maker would make ice but wouldn't dump it. I bought a new ice maker and it's worked fine for 5 wks. Yesterday it stopped dumping ice again leading me to believe the original ice maker was ok and the problem lies elsewhere.

I turned the ice maker off last night, back on this morn, then we left and when we returned I checked and it had dumped one load of cubes. I checked the ice maker and it has another load of frozen cubes. That was three hrs ago and it hasn't dumped that load yet. I know there's a light sensor in the ice bucket and it's lite.

I also know the two door light switches tie into the ice maker but the interior lights work fine. What am I missing? Is there a circuit board that controls the ice maker? If so, what are the chances it's bad and where is it located? I looked at schematics online and it shows a dispenser board but it's not specific so I assume that's for the thru the door water/ice dispensers. It making ice is no problem; dumping ice is. Any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi,

Do you have a thermometer you can put inside the ice maker compartment? It has to always be 16 degrees or lower for the ice maker to cycle that ice out into your ice container on a continual basis.

Also do you hear the ice maker fan running in the ice maker compartment?

What's the part number of the ice maker you replaced? Did you put the old ice maker back in place to see if it would dump any ice at all?

Here's the ice maker for your model:
    WPW10122559 Icemaker

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...W95UXY4Z2Eyem8

On the main control board P3-4 which is the live side to the ice maker, then P1-2 is the neutral side to the ice maker.

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts