• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED 721.85039111 Microwave makes a loud buzzing noise when door is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

slofton79

Premium Member
Hi there. I am having the exact same issue that was shown in the video with my Samsung microwave. Microwave operates as normal when in use (light and fan comes on, turntable turns, food heats up) but there is a humming noise that continues after the cooking time has expired or when the unit is not being used but the door is closed. Open the door, the humming stops. My model number is SMK9175ST. Any suggestions on first steps to take to figure out the problem?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Start a new thread. Don't forget your model number and a description of the problem. No one wants to read the last 40 posts in this thread

slofton79

Premium Member
Sorry. I just wanted to reference the video that appeared in this thread since my issue is identical to his and his issue was resolved. Is there a way to do that and start a new thread? I have never posted here before so I'm a little clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.