• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

721.86002 Low voltage transformer test?

Zorky

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
How can I test the low voltage transformer? Should I have voltage on all the output lines? I have 120 on the main ones and 0 on the smaller gauge wires that go to the PCB on a 6 pin connector. Pretty sure I located my problem. PCB is giving the low voltage transformer 120v and its not putting out anything. I need to find part number EBJ56679201

Last edited:

Zorky

Premium Member
I also tried to measure resistance between the primary and secondary coil and getting infinity. Assuming a open winding is bad right?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Zorky

Premium Member
If they show no ohms then it is bad? Also its ok if its backordered I don't need it right away. I just want to make sure this thing is bad before buying one.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The primary and any/all secondary windings should show continuity.

jeff.