Thread: kenmore 80 series electric dryer-heat but will not dry

Post imported post

I have a electric series 80 dryer and it runs and heats up but will not dry clothes. I cleaned out the entiredryer ventand lint filter-

any ideas-Thanks

Jason

Post imported post

jtreiger wrote:
    I have a electric dryer and it runs and heats up but will not dry clothes. I cleaned out the entiredryer ventand lint filter-
    Did you try running it with the vent totally removed for a load or two so see if it dried any better. If it did it would usually indicate the vent is (at least part of) the problem... even if it isn't plugged. You can read about dryer venting at the following link:

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

It would also help if you posted the dryer's complete model number ("series 80" isn't it) so we can see what components it uses which might be responsible for problems. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at this link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Post imported post

I will get the serial # and exact model #. I did not try it without the vent for a full loadbecause it worked for 2 yrs without any problems than all of a sudden it quit drying clothes. I did run it and felt the exhaust coming out of the back but it did not seem to be blowing that hard. I took the back of and cleaned out the lint filter all the way but it was the same. -Thanks

Post imported post

The model # 110.62872101

Serial# ml5202007

Kenmore 80 series electric dryer, heavy duty, quiet pak, extra large capacity.

It heats up but will not dry. I cleaned out the entire vent, about 15 feet, to the roof.

If the cover of the exhaust fan and channel out the back are not sealed airtright, will it not force enough air out theback to dry clothes. The foam gasket is a little messed up.How hard should the ehaust be coming out? Any help or ideas appreciated.

Jason

Moorpark (via Motherwell, Scotland), California, USA

Post imported post

jtreiger wrote:
    I cleaned out the entire vent, about 15 feet, to the roof
    That won't help...these machines are not good at pushing upwards, and will not exhaust moisture properly. Like Dan said, run it without the vent, you'll almost certainly see an improvement.

Post imported post

jtreiger wrote:
    I cleaned out the entire vent, about 15 feet, to the roof.
    What hind of material? how many elbows?? As Mac, said, pushing straight up may be a problem in itself. You may need to alter the venting to get it to dry properly. Has it ever worked acceptable in the same installation?

How hard should the ehaust be coming out?
    One make's installation instructions states, "The system back pressure MUST NOT be higher than 0.75 inches of water column. If the system back pressure is less than [that], the system is acceptable. If the manometer reading is higher, the system is too restrictive and the installation is unacceptable."

I don't suppose you have a manometer hanging around to test with?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~