• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

790.42763512 Kenmore Elite Electric Oven - Everything works but the Broil and Bake coils don't get hot.

jammy54

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Model # 790.42763512.
Gas range works just fine. The control panel works for all range and oven functions.

The only problem is that the electric oven doesn't heat on either bake or broil. From what I've read, the suspect part is the "thermostat." Part # AP5802673 (Sears calls it a Range Safety Thermostat, Part # Part #807144901) (#119 in the Body parts diagram.) My question is, is this "thermostat" the same thing as a "Thermal Cut-Off Switch" which shuts off the oven when/if it has overheated?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    279.3 KB · Views: 91

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, correct.. Here it is for your model: 807144901 Thermostat

You'd need to ohm test it for continuity with a multimeter.

This video shows you how to ohm test it for continuity: Oven Won’t Heat? Thermal Fuse Test

This video gives you the general idea of how to access it, remember to unplug the range first before you access and ohm test it.

Jake

jammy54

Premium Member
Jake, can the bad thermostat be verified by TEMPORARILY shorting the wires to the thermostat and then seeing if the heating elements work?

I replaced the bad thermostat but no change. Everything still works on the control panel, but broiler and bake elements don't heat. Any other suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
can the bad thermostat be verified by TEMPORARILY shorting the wires to the thermostat and then seeing if the heating elements work?
Yes, just becareful not to touch any other wires when you do that.

If still no heat, and you have 240 volts to the range, then the only other part that can cause this NO HEAT issue is the clock oven control board.

Here it is for your model:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.