790.71523400 Blew something/something popped oven won’t heat up

Christiandv

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello I appreciate the help you provide!! Real quick the oven is a kenmore has oven and stove and currently the clock and stove work fine. So last week my oven wasn’t heating correctly I quickly figured out it was the heating element wasn’t getting hot enough to light the gas... so I ordered a new one and replaced it.

When I replaced it everything worked great on my test run before I put all of it back together. So then my wife saw one of the wires was ran where it could’ve burned so I re ran the wires and put everything back together. So then I turned the oven on once again so we could cook our roast and POP. I saw the spark and knew right away that I forgot to reconnect something sure enough I’m assuming what was the ground wasn’t reconnected.

Now I don’t know what could be bad I tested the heating element with a micrometer and it’s providing a reading. If anyone has a insight at what I could do to try and figure out what I need to replace I would be very appreciative otherwise it’s just a new stove.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
We need the complete model number. Read it from the tag on the machine. Click here: Appliance Parts follow the link “How to find a model number”

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I tested the heating element with a micrometer and it’s providing a reading.
A micrometer is a gauge that measures small distances or thicknesses between its two faces. Set the oven to bake. Use a DMM (Digital Multimeter) and measure the voltage across J1-4 and J1-6 on the EOC (Electronic Oven Control).

If the voltage is 0 replace the EOC(Oven Control Board):
316455410 Oven Control Board
frigidaire-clock-timer-316455410-ap3959387_02_m.jpg