• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 790.74403995 Kenmore Left Aux Oven (smaller) not heating up/turning on

geethreeoven

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, My left oven smaller aux oven is not working. The lower element sparked and I replaced it with a new one from searspartsdirect. It's about 10 years old and works great, except for this aux oven. Can the thermal fuse be the problem? I checked it for continuity and it looked like it was ok.

The oven did spark really big and loud when the lower element burned out. Could the thermal fuse still be the problem?
Range Thermal Cut-Off Part #: 5303284446 Substitution: 318005201 - this is what i found for the part but considering it has continuity, I am confused....:eagerness:

Thank you for helping me solve this. I would like to bake some bread in there. The rest of the oven works wonderfully!:eek:

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

If it has continuity, it should not be your problem.

When the element sparked/let go it could easily have damaged something at the same time :(

A common trouble maker is the temp control itself could have been damaged when the element shorted out.

Oven thermostat

jeff.

geethreeoven

Premium Member
It's fixed tonight at 9:04pm

Jeff and forum...The oven is fixed.

It was this part as you had recommended:
Oven Thermostat

and while I was at it, I repaired the light bulb and the entire oven is working flawlessly. My other half said it has not worked for 7 years....and tonight I get stuffed cornish game hen with wild mushroom and herbs.

Now to find a broken beer machine ;) :eagerness: