FIXED 790.75233310 Kenmore Range - Error code F10

Surf579

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Stove was off and started beeping with the code. F10 on the screen. Unplugged it and plugged back in everything seemed fine. The next day I tried to use oven and it seems to not be heating to the correct temperature. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Surf579

Premium Member
Oh also when I set oven to turn on I see the right side burning gas but not the left if that means anything

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, F10=Runaway Temperature.

1. (F10 only) Check RTD Sensor Probe & replace if necessary. If oven is overheating, disconnect power. If oven continues to overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be extensive.

I'd first ohm test your oven sensor. I use this multimeter myself: Multimeter DM10T

To ohm test the oven sensor: All you do is pull your range out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel and you will see a little plastic connector that connects to your oven sensor, just unsnap that little plastic connector and take a ohm reading on it at room temperature per the video below.

Here's the oven sensor for your model, in case you need to order it:
316490000 Probe

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Here's the EOC for your model if the oven sensor ohm tests good:

Oh also when I set oven to turn on I see the right side burning gas but not the left if that means anything
You might want to check the oven bake burner tube where the flames come out first, if you have a partial blockage in the ports holes that may be the cause.

If you do notice a partial blockage then use a wire brush to clean the oven bake burner tube port holes.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Last edited:

Surf579

Premium Member
Dam pressed wrong button wanted to add ,Is that the only probe was on the right side facing Back of oven. Isn’t the under the guide line or is that ok

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's the only oven sensor probe.

Its bad if it only reads .688 at room temperature. Normal would be 1050 to 1100 ohms at room temperature.

Jake

Surf579

Premium Member
But that wouldn’t be the reason that one side of the burner tube is looking like it isn’t blowing flames. That would be different, am I right ?? So that I’ll do as you said,put the brush to it. Guess I just left off the two tin shields on bottom to get at that. Is there Anything to watch for??thank you for your time jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the bake burner for your model:

Here's the parts diagram:
(click to enlarge)
R1308097-00002.png

Yes, just remove the bottom panel in your oven, then you will see the flame shield #20, then remove the flame shield nut #21, then your back burner is #18.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Surf, sounds good.

Jake

Surf579

Premium Member
Ok forgot to let you guys know that I did replace the probe Was very easy to check and change out thanks to jake. Everything is working fine. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Surf, glad to hear the new oven sensor probe fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update! Better late than never.:)

Jake