FIXED 790.78642601 Power cord is to short to reach the outlet

Jeff of ner

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have reached out to the Manufacturer and Searspartsdirect and all that is available is the original. It has a ground tab molded into the block to secure it to the cabinet and then down line a single locking plug to connect the line and neutral. The stove is in an apartment and we can not use an extension cord. Is there a kit to make a 6 ft cord connect same as the original cord ? I don't want to create a new outlet if I can avoid it.

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
Just make sure you keep the line and line together and the neutral and neutral together and things will be fine when wiring in the new cord.

jeff.

Jeff of ner

Premium Member
Well I would make a new cord but it will not be secured to the cabinet as designed. This is because of the molded plastic block with a ground extending from it fastens to the opening that the rest of the cord passes through and makes its connection to the ovens wiring by a unique connector. This connector can be view using part# 5304515659 (Electrolux)

jeff1

Staff member
You use a different connector to secure the line to the range...

24.jpg

...and you still have three wires, green to the body, line to line and neutral to neutral.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Wire nuts are fine for inspection but I would not use them before the connector securing the cord to the range. The cord would have to be screwed to the frame and the wire nuts installed after that inside the range. This way if someone yanked on the power cord the wire nuts would not come off or apart.

jeff.

Jeff of ner

Premium Member
That is how it has been solved. Bored a new hole, used a wire connector, secured the ground to the cabinet and connected the original wire end to the new cord to to make the connection. All is well

jeff1

Staff member
Glad to hear all is good now :)

jeff.