• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 790.78813402 Sears Kenmore Old stove - holes on the bottom plate in the oven

rene

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello...

I have an older stove, about 15 years old that I just discovered holes in. The holes are on the bottom plate in the oven. This past weekend while baking I noticed fire coming through the holes. There are about 3-4 holes the largest is just smaller than the size of a dime. There was residue on the plate itself that caught fire also.
I couldn’t find a model number but it’s a five burner, 30-inch free standing has range.
I did find a P/N 316439402
I would imagine I can simply replace the plate with holes in it. There are no other problems with the oven or stove.
suggestions?

Added correct model number

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jeff should be here shortly.

Try this one please...

or
Read the model number from the model number tag on the machine please rene.:)

Or take a photo of your model number tag and upload it here.:)

Jake

rene

Premium Member
I can’t find the model number anywhere on the range. Those numbers were directly from the repair instructions behind the range

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The model number tag should be located on the very bottom left or right leg of your range, you will need to pull the bottom storage drawer out to see it.:)

Jake

rene

Premium Member
Thanks gentlemen. The part Jeff found above might the one I’m looking for. Can you all confirm? Also is there a video on replacement? Again thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
bigbuck said:
I wonder how Dan O. knows thats the Model and serial number on a tag you can hardly see?
My phone has a bar code reader app and those bar codes aren't too badly worn... yet.

Write that info down for future reference Rene!

Both parts Jeff linked to are the same part and are the correct one for your model.

PS. Before you order a replacement oven bottom panel, take the original one out and look beneath it. Make sure there's no damage to the flame spreader (flat piece of metal) under that panel.

Dan O.

Last edited: