• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

790.80339310 NEW Kenmore OTR Microwave Window Not Clear

dcrossnine

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
After installing my new over the range Kenmore microwave, I noticed I could not see what was cooking clearly. It is like you are looking through a piece of waxed paper. All you see is a blurry image. I thought I had a defective unit, so I went to my Sears store and inspected the microwaves on display. All of the Kenmore and Frigidaire OTR microwaves had the same problem. One GE unit on display did not have this problem. I asked the salesman "What Gives?" but no help. I could see clearly into my old Frigidaire with no problem. Please understand that I am not talking about the perforated screen in the door. This problem seem to be caused by the film inside the door not being clear. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know why the manufacturer's have changed the window film from clear to translucent?