• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 790.94193310 Kenmore Range Clock display is out otherwise works normally

foltahouse

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The display is black unless you are using the oven, timer, etc. If you push the Clock button, and then an arrow as if to set the time, the time will show (correctly) for a few seconds then it goes dark again. It's a minor inconvenience, but we've just become used to using the clock on the stove to see the time. The display works perfectly otherwise, i.e. when the range is in use. We tried unplugging it for a half hour to see if it reset something but no luck. Thanks rangers!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Can't think of anything beside the clock/control itself that would do that.

Control-Board-316630003-01921544.jpg
Range/Stove/Oven Control Board

If needed:

Overlay-316633007-04805995.jpg
Overlay

jeff.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Your Kenmore model was made by Frigidaire/Electrolux (see here).

I found this on an older Frigidaire Range FAQ page:
Frigidaire FAQ said:
Q: The time of day does not display on my electronic oven control. If I push the CLOCK pad on the control panel the time will display for a few seconds and then it goes blank again.

A: On many ranges with electronic controls the time of day display can by turned off or on by holding the CLOCK keypad down for 15 seconds. Push and hold the CLOCK keypad. The time will appear for a few seconds, and then disappear and finally it will reappear and beep. Release the keypad and the time should continue to display. Follow this same procedure to turn the time display off.

Whether it applies to the control used on your specific model or not, I don't know. Your range's owner's manual didn't mention it.

Dan O.

Last edited:

foltahouse

Premium Member
Thank you both for the replies. I'm particularly interested in Dan's reply (no cost!). I'm eager to try it when I get home tomorrow.

thanks again!

mike

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
foltahouse said:
I'm eager to try it when I get home tomorrow.

Usually such functions are stated in the owner's manual. Let us know if it applies to your model.

Dan O.

foltahouse

Premium Member
Happy to report that your suggestion was correct. I have the oven set on 'silent mode' so did not hear any beep but after holding the clock button down for at least 10 seconds the clock display stayed on. Psyched! I did re-read the manual and see nothing about setting the clock on or off; not sure how it went into off mode but we must have done it unknowingly. Thanks again for the help!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
after holding the clock button down for at least 10 seconds the clock display stayed on.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the followup.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.