• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

790.95073310 Kenmore Elite Induction range blown resistor on oven EOC board

app

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi everyone, My Kenmore Elite 790.95073310 Induction range blew the main resistor on the electronic oven control board. This happened when the oven was opened during rapid preheat. 316462754 x34 is the oven board part number. It is an Electrolux board and is the ES52x_36x PCB-0046.

The range is roughly 2 years old and sees moderate use. I have been looking for a simple board replacement but I am running into dead ends. I am also worried that something else may have damaged the board. Sears had the whole assembly with the LCD panel but it is upwards of 300$. At this point I am under a lot of pressure to get this back online.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
316462754 x34 is the oven board part number.
The correct part number for the EOC is #316650011 It's out of stock wherever I check.

blew the main resistor on the electronic oven control board.
Here's the deal; Service techs don't go beyond board level or try to repair boards for several reasons. The main one is it's not cost effective when you're out on service calls. The only time a repair like that is cost effective, is when it's your own machine. That being said, on repair sites like this one, everyone is trying to fix their own machine and it can be cost effective if you can fix it. Members here have repaired boards but usually they have a background in electronics. There are no board schematics available. There is no reliable source for the board components. You can replace an obvious burned resistor but like you mentioned earlier, there may be other failed components on the board. If you spend a couple hours replacing a resistor and it doesn't work, you're out the cost of a resistor and your time. If a tech does the same thing with the same results, he's out quite a few bucks. I could have said, a tech probably can't help you with the repair and now you know why...lol. There are places that repair boards for a little over half the cost of a new board. A couple places I know of is boardmedics.com, fixyourboard.com, and corecentrics.com.

Last edited:

app

Premium Member
It seems to me that this is a common oven control setup with minor variations amongst the manufacturer. Are there common problems with these boards to help better understand the issue? Its not practical for me to buy a new range right now.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member