790.95073315 Kenmore Range Error code E0 23

denverguy

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
We were using the induction cooktop on this range. We heard a loud pop noise. There is no smell as though anything began to smolder. Then a constant beeping warning tone began. All displays on the stove still work. The stove is displaying the code EO 23. Unfortunately we are 2 months out of the 12 month warranty. I pulled the panels covering the back and there isn't anything that obviously shorted or burned out.

The error code description from the literature with the stove lists code 23 as "Communication failure between both generator boards and UIB" with the suggested corrective acting being "1 Verify AC power supply to the appliance is 240v; 2 Verify communication harness between the ESEC UIB and the left side generator board is not damaged and is properly installed; 3 Replace the UIB; 4 Replace both communication harness; 5 Replace the left side generator board"

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a multi meter, but I am no electrician. The Sears repair guy cannot make is out for over a week.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
denverguy said:
"1 Verify AC power supply to the appliance is 240v;
Verify at both generator boards L1 to L2 is 220 VAC
L1L2.jpg

denverguy said:
3 Replace the UIB;
Check all the connectors for any damage first. Here's the UIB

I don't have the tech sheet for that model. Can you post a copy here. I need the wiring diagram.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick I located the tech data sheet/wiring diagram for this model, I'm attaching it below.

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Rick!

Jake