790.97512100 Kenmore Elite Electric Oven keeps shutting down during bake

DukeEdwards

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Oven keeps shutting down randomly during the bake cycle. Sometimes it does it repeatedly and we can't even get a pizza to cook, other times we can go 2 weeks and it doesn't do it. The screen goes black for 5-60 seconds, then the clock is reset and flashing at 12:00, but we never get a code or anything. It seems like once it shuts down the first time, if you turn it back on, it keeps doing it. I've tried shutting the breaker off for a few minutes, and it doesn't change anything. I'm guessing control board, but not sure how to test on this problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Duke,

On this model the Electronic Oven Control Relay Board sends power to the display board on the J2 connector. J2 Pin 2 should be 8 volts DC. J2 Pin 3 should be 16 volts DC.

So when the display blanks out like that, then its possibly the voltage is dropping out from the Electronic Oven Control Relay Board to the Display Board.

You can verify that voltage drop when the display goes off for 60 seconds. J2 Pin 1 is your ground. So you'd set your meter on DC volts and your black meter lead goes on J2 Pin 1 and your red meter lead goes on J2 Pin 2 and J2 Pin 3 to see if you get 8 volts DC on Pin 2 and 16 volts DC on Pin 3.

Here's the Electronic Oven Control Relay Board for your model you can order: 316443944 Board

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Duke.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake