795.51822.410 Ice Dispenser Auger runs continuously

bseeg

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Greetings,

The ice dispenser runs continuously on my Kenmore 795.51822.410. I cannot find any parts diagrams or info for this model number, but I believe it is made by LG. It is a side-by-side with ice and water through the freezer door.

The auger motor would run for some time, shut off for some time, then start again , stop again, etc. etc. etc.

I removed the ice maker and the auger motor. Going by the part number on the auger motor, I replaced it with a newer model. With the newer motor, it runs continuously. I think the older motor may have been overheating (it was VERY hot) causing it to stop until it cooled and then restarted, thus the cycling.

From reading other threads in these forums, I think the cause may be one of two control boards. But I have no parts diagrams and cannot see how to access them. I also do not see a visible door switch on the freezer door and this seems unusual to me.

For now, I have the icemaker uninstalled and the water dispenser does work correctly.

Any pointers or links to parts diagrams are much appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The main board is located in the machine compartment. Follow the power cord and it will lead you to the main board. Locate connectors CON3 and CON4 (connectors are labeled on the board). Use your meter to measure the voltage across CON3 Pin 9 (light blue wire) and CON4 Pin 1 (white wire). Any voltage measurement other than ) 0 VAC replace the board: EBR78748202 Pcb Assembly,main

If your meter leads are too big use this trick to go in through the back of the connectors:
safety pin trick.jpg