795.51833.411 Kenmore Elite Refrigerator not cooling

Gary Lawson

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Working on a Kenmore Elite Model 795.51833.411 need advice from someone that has experience with them I'm sure Jake has. Customer said unit id not cooling. I arrived found a filthy condenser and condenser fan running I check the compressor winding they were open so let the compressor cool the external overload was closed and stated checking other parts.

So the display on ice dispenser is working, all the light inside work, I check the for damaged door switch the main one is magnetic the other a push button. This model is a side by side the fridge door has two doors one that easy access.

The control board is top of the unit I checked to run cap by the board both good one 20uf and the other 12uf, the customer said he pressed the reset on the board which is actually a test mode button. After a long search on the web I now have the tech sheets and will return see what the blink code are.

This unit has the Kenmore connect but I couldn't connect the app to the refrigerator I now see you have to call there line. Anyone use that method to diagnose a Kenmore before any advice would be appreciated, Last night I left the running the cfm was working and compressor but the customer said it never cooled down.

I'm going back with the tech sheets. Any advice on where to start? JAKE!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Gary,

195.51833.411 is not a good model number, are you sure its not 795.51833.411

Last night I left the running the cfm was working and compressor but the customer said it never cooled down
That sentence doesn't make sense, are you trying to say when you left the condenser fan motor and compressor was running, but its not getting cold at all?

Jake

Gary Lawson

Premium Member
yes its a kenmore Elite 795.51833.411. everything is running. I tried to use the Kenmore connect app but On this unit the model number and serial number have a bar coade under each but n not a QR code so there not enough room to get your phone to zoom out and capture the numbers. I tried to manually enter the number but it says it couldnt find them. These Kenmore Elite are made by LG.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Gary, I've never used that phone app before on it.

If the compressor and condenser fan are running and its not cooling, then you have a sealed system problem.

Jake