• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 795.69004.900 Kenmore Elite Refrigerator not cooling enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinsungmin

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
did you fix this problem ? I have a similar problem with my LG/Kenmore fridge... freezer fan does not blow air up and does not turn on when operating.. freezer fan does turn on when fridge is plugged in for the first time and then it stops.. I checked the temp sensors in the freezer and at 17F it tested at 6.12k Ohms .. should I test resistance at 70F as well ?
also the control temp panel shows error code
BLDC FAN Motor for Freezer - It is caused when feedback signal isn't over 65 seconds during BLDC FAN motor operating

can it be faulty ? even tho the freezer fan does turn on during fridge power on ? could it be something else ?

my fridge is a Kenmore elite 795.69004.900

Last edited by a moderator:

jinsungmin

Premium Member
Update. I hard wired the compressor and it runs. I have to hold the momentary switch at least 1 second, sometimes two.

I then attached just the overload (measured at 0.8ohm) to the compressor with the hard wired setup. The compressor starts and within 10 sec the overload clicks and shuts it off. After it cools down in a minute it clicks again (I guess it's resetting)

I have three overloads that all do the same. However when I shake them they all have a rattle noise. youtube posts say the rattle means the overload is bad and need replacing?

I know you said the compressor is out of proper working specs with the C&S above 5. Is the compressor destroying the overloads and that's why they rattle? So a bad compressor can still run but overheat? Also, it never runs when connected to the internal wires, only hard wired.

So I'm a bit confused.

Mike. did you fix this issue ? I mean did you replace the fan motor ? I am in same situation... the evaporator fan kicks on in the beginning few times and then it stops.. once it stops I get the error code 67 freezer side panel of the temperature control display . tested alot of things just like you and everything checks out.... I even replaced the temp sensor in the freezer and when I test the evap fan motor I was getting 30 ohms.. and it keeps dropping to about 16 ohms I did not wait but I think it will drop to 0. so I am assuming its a bad motor ? I was reading you should get steady about 100ohms for fan to be good ?? let me know. Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I moved both your posts to your own thread. Is the compressor running? What's the voltage at the evaporator fan motor?

jinsungmin

Premium Member
Please close thread... fridge fixed .. I replaced the evaporator fan this morning and everything is working!!! No more error code and fridge part that was warm is getting cool now.

Status
Not open for further replies.