795.71039010 Kenmore Elite Ice maker not fully filling with water

LOL2010

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have used the manual reset button and noticed that when it fills with water only enough to fill maybe a 1/4 of the tray comes out. We have unplugged the fridge also to make sure there isn't ice built up in the line.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Do you have plenty of water pressure at your water dispenser in the door?

If so, then its either the primary or secondary water inlet valve that's starting to go bad and not fully filling the ice maker. More than likely its the secondary valve that's in the front door.

There are two water valves, primary and secondary. You're looking at the primary valve and water shouldn't have any water flowing through it unless the coil has 120 Volts AC. When voltage is applied the appropriate coil opens and water flows through the valve and through the water filter to the secondary valve. At the same time, voltage is also applied to the appropriate solenoid on the secondary valve. The secondary valve has one line in and two lines out, one for ice maker and one for dispenser.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://www.dropbox.com/s/igi4vefu2z2286z/_LMXS27626S-L28AGSXM.ASTCNA0-2.pdf?dl=0 Page 91 is the Ice Maker Troubleshooting section.

Here's the primary water inlet valve that's in the back of your refrigerator(machine compartment):
AJU72992601 Water Valve Assembly

Here's the secondary water inlet valve that's in the front door:
5221JB2010G Water Valve

Let us know what you find.

Jake

LOL2010

Premium Member
Thanks, Yes the water pressure hasn't changed for the dispenser. I was thinking it was a valve problem too, but didn't realize there was 2 different ones. I'll get the secondary one ordered and hopefully that solves my problem. Thanks again!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake