• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.71053.010 Kenmore Elite Freezer 58 Degrees

Wekiva

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite 795.71053.010. The freezer thawed and the refrigerator isn’t as cold as it should be. The coldest the freezer will get is 58 and the coldest the refrigerator will get is 40-42.
I checked the bottom. The coils were clean, no dust buildup. Fan was blowing. Compressor was warm and vibrating and not making any unusual noises.
The circuit boards had nothing visibly wrong.
Inside, all the fans were running. Pulled the back panel off the inside of freezer. No ice buildup at all.
Any suggestions what might be the problem?
Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If you have no frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer and your compressor is running and your condenser fan motor is running, then you have a sealed system problem.

Contact Sears at 1-800-469-4663 to have a tech come out under warranty to check your sealed system, most likely it's a bad compressor, very common for this model over the last few years.

Jake

Wekiva

Premium Member
Thanks! I saw a pic of a normal one had frost but no ice. Mine is bare metal. I’ll contact Sears , thank you.

Wekiva

Premium Member
Was on hold 47 minutes, got a person who said I’d need to speak to someone else. Held another 40 minutes and gave up. Try again tomorrow.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes keep trying, the hold times will be long unfortunately due to everyone being home due to the Covid-19 virus situation.

Jake

Wekiva

Premium Member
Yes keep trying, the hold times will be long unfortunately due to everyone being home due to the Covid-19 virus situation.

Jake
Got a hold of them first thing this morning and they just left. $1013.00 to replace the compressor. Guess I’ll be refrigerator shopping this weekend.
Thanks for your help though!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, time to go refrigerator shopping.:)

Glad to help!

Jake