• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 795.71063010 Ice maker issues

zgil86

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,

I hope someone can help out. I have kenmore fridge with ice maker problems. One day, all of a sudden, the fridge would not make any ice. Few months later, I decide to get someone from service to check it out. The guy came and said that the ice maker needs to be replaced because it's it's not going through the whole rotation cycle and therefor, it does not signal for water. I bought a new ice maker, installed it and i am having a pretty bad feeling like it will not work.

First of all, when I installed it and turned it ON, it did not rotate on it's own. I pressed the little TEST button on the bottom and it rotated and signaled for water. BUT, for some reason, the right side of the ice maker stopped while the left side still was turning like something was stuck on the right side. I helped it twist all the way and now looks like it's twisting on it's own but it's making noise like there is still something there while rotating. Is this normal? This is brand new and the part fits exactly right. I pressed the reset button and it twists all the way now.

Now, as soon as I turned the ice maker ON, shouldn't it signal for water anyways on it's own? If not, then the TEST button always has to be pressed? I am having a feeling like this will not turn when the ice is ready to be flipped.

What can I do at this point? No clue what could be the issue.

Also, when I close the fridge and press the button for ice and the ice is inside the icemaker ready, shouldn't it release it to the bottom bin?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Give it up to 72 hours to start cycling on its own, if it doesn't then it sounds like you received a new defective ice maker. Have the place you got it from send you another one.

They make 2 ice makers for this model, depending upon your wiring.

If the original icemaker has a secondary or smaller wire connector and has 3 wires in it, then you need this one:
AEQ73110203 Ice Maker Assembly

If the original icemaker has a 6 wire connector, you need this one: AEQ73110205 Ice Maker Assembly

Now, as soon as I turned the ice maker ON, shouldn't it signal for water anyways on it's own?
It usually cycles first before the water comes into it.

I helped it twist all the way and now looks like it's twisting on it's own but it's making noise like there is still something there while rotating. Is this normal?
No, you shouldn't need to help it along.:) You will have some normal sounds when its cycling, but it should not be LOUD SOUNDS.:)

Did the repair guy check the water inlet valve that feeds the ice maker water?

Here's the water inlet valve that's located in the back of your refrigerator you can order if needed:
LG AJU72992601 Valve Asy

Jake

zgil86

Premium Member
Well, I woke up this morning, tried the ice maker and it worked! Guess it needed few hours.

Thanks!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake