• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.71303011 Kenmore Fridge error code: ER FF

davidnguyen

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello everyone,

I have this Kenmore Fridge model (no. 79571303011); top portion fridge and bottom is freezer, I had it for about 8 years now. Recently we got this error code (ER FF) displaying on the screen in the fridge section; I noticed the fridge wasn't cooling when this code was displayed as the lack of cool air and the temperature of the food.

The bottom freezer section is running just fine. I unplugged the fridge for about 20 minutes and plugged it back and and the error code went away, temperature numbers reappeared and it seems to be cooling again. However about a 12 hours-day later the error code thing happens again. Does anybody know what component might be damaged? I talked to a technician over the phone and he said it could be the "Refrigerator display board" however I am not sure.

Thanks,
David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi David,

Error Code ER FF is Freezer Fan motor not running. Back in the summer of 2018 I had one do this same error code as a customers house in Cibola, Arizona, the freezer fan motor was not running at all. I ohmed tested the freezer fan motor and got nothing. I ordered and replaced the freezer fan motor and that fixed it.

Do you have a multimeter to ohm test it?

Here's the freezer fan motor for your model:
Fan Motor 4681JB1027N

Jake

davidnguyen

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

thanks for responding. I do not have a multimeter to OHM test it. However you mentioned that it could be the Freezer Fan Motor that was not working. But my freezer portion is still fine and it is still cooling all contents. Just my fridge portion is on and off with that error code. Might this be a different case?

thanks,
David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I know that David, but that freezer fan cools your refrigerator section on your model, because this model doesn't have a evaporator fan motor in your refrigerator section.:)

And if that freezer fan is NOT running the refrigerator section will get warm.:)

Jake

davidnguyen

Premium Member
Ah, I see. I will take a look and get it sorted out. Sorry I’m still a newbie at most appliance stuff 😅😅. But, thanks for your advice.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, no worries, yes keep us posted.

Jake