• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.72053.110 Kenmore Elite Refrigerator making Popping Sound

Billpa2020

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello Everyone,

I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model # 795.72053.110. Ever since a recent storm related power surge, I hear an intermittent pop sound about every 10-15 minutes mainly during midday coming from the rear of the unit. It sound like a hammer hitting the compressor. Unit seems to maintain temperature in both refrigerator and freezer compartments but I noticed gaskets on the doors don’t get warm during the usual de-condensation process and I notice more condensation forming on door gaskets than usual. I just cleaned coils in the spring when I replaced an inlet valve to water dispenser. Could the condenser fan have been damaged during surge? As always any information offered will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Bill in pa

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Could be the compressor. Take the back off and see if you can tell where it's coming from.

Billpa2020

Premium Member
Sorry Rick I misread your reply. Would the compressor not working correctly effect the thaw cycle between door gaskets and refrigerator? They are not getting warm like they normally do but not sure that’s normal in Fall and Winter when outside temps and humidity drops compared to summer months. Popping sound definitely coming from lower rear of refrigerator.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
between door gaskets and refrigerator?
That's the yoder loop (heat loop). It's the last pass of the condensor coils.
yoder loop.jpg